Another Active Year for Huron Capital
2018 was a very active year for Huron Capital. We added five new platform companies, completed 12 add-on acquisitions and deployed a significant amount of capital during the course of one of the busiest years in the firm’s history. We look forward to continuing this momentum as we celebrate our 20th Anniversary in 2019. But first, here’s a look back at 2018.
5 Platform Investments – a Record Year
We invested in more platforms in one year than ever before:
12 Add-on Acquisitions Across 8 Portfolio Companies
- American Exteriors – first acquisition for Hansons
- US Coatings– fifth acquisition for Valentus Specialty Chemicals
- Bluelock – third acquisition for InterVision Systems
- Energy Management Control Corporation – eighth acquisition for Albireo Energy
- Proforged – fourth acquisition for Drake Automotive Group
- DV8 Off-Road – fifth acquisition for Drake Automotive Group
- DJB Group – first acquisition for High Street Partners
- Infiniti Consulting Group – fourth acquisition for InterVision Systems
- Wheel House Designs – fourth acquisition for IQ Brands
- Taylor Consulting & Contracting – ninth acquisition for Albireo Energy
- Addictive Desert Designs – sixth acquisition for Drake Automotive Group
- Commercial Air, Inc. – first acquisition for Pueblo Mechanical & Controls
Private Equity Exit Completed
- Good Sportsman Marketing (GSM) is a leading designer and distributor of technologically advanced, branded accessories for the hunting, shooting and outdoorsman markets.
- Huron Capital helped drive significant growth during the firm’s ownership, both organically and through three acquisitions. GSM introduced several new and differentiated products, increased share among existing customers and expanded distribution to new customers and national retailers.
- Result: Under Huron’s ownership, GSM achieved top-line revenue growth of over 35% and EBITDA growth of over 100%.
Adding & Promoting Talent in 2018 and 2019
Huron Capital also expanded its team during the year and announced two promotions to Senior Partner. Key personnel actions included: